On December 8th in Hamilton the Raiders dropped one to the Great Danes, 67-61.
A note about this matchup: Last year, Colgate lost 87-63.
Albany exploited Colgate in three pointers and added a solid performance in free throw shooting. The Great Danes threw up 75% free throw shooting compared to 64% from the Raiders. Albany was deadly from three-point range and outscored Colgate, 24 points to six. A big issue for Colgate was its 13% three-point shooting. This came in way below its season average of 38%.
Murphy Burnatowski led all scoring for the Raiders with 13 points on 28% shooting in 31 minutes. While it's still early, the Raiders have slipped to 3-7. They've also extended their 4 game losing streak.
The Raiders have got a matchup with Providence on the road on December 18th.
- In 100% of losses this season, the Raiders have a three-point percentage of 13.3% or worse.
- Murphy Burnatowski has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brandon James
- In 100% of losses this season, Colgate has recorded 5 or fewer blocks.
- Brandon James has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 10 games this season.
- Mike Black has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jacob Iati has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Jacob Iati's career.
- The top two scorers (Jacob Iati and Mike Black) accounted for 56.7% of the points.
- Jacob Iati has led the team in scoring 3 times in 10 games this season.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Andrew Bargmann